For the dipping sauce:
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Juice of 2 limes
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
For the winter rolls:
100g vermicelli rice noodles or glass noodles, snapped into 5cm lengths
70g baby spinach, chopped
50g bean sprouts
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 large pomegranate
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
12 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Add one tablespoon of water and stir to combine well, then set aside until ready to serve.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain well, then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled noodles with the spinach, bean sprouts, carrot, pomegranate seeds, mint and coriander. Drizzle over the sesame oil and toss to combine well into a filling for the rolls.
- Dip one of the rice paper wrappers in a shallow bowl of warm water. Allow to soak for 10 seconds until soft. Pat dry on kitchen paper, then place flat on a work surface. Spoon one heaped tablespoon of the filling down the centre of the wrapper.
- Roll up the wrapper like a burrito, tucking in the ends, then press down to seal.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Per serving: 150kcals, 2.9g fat (0.5g saturated), 26.7g carbs, 2.2g sugars, 4g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.224g sodium