1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1x 400ml tin of coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
200g baby spinach
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp brown sugar
Red chillies, sliced
Spring onions, sliced
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or wok over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for two minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook for one minute. Bring to a simmer, add the onion, peppers and carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the vegetables are just tender but still retain some crunch.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lime juice and sugar.
- Serve in warmed bowls with rice, garnished with sliced chillies, chopped spring onions and coriander and some extra lime wedges for squeezing over.
Per serving: 346kcals, 30.2g fat (25.2g saturated), 18.8g carbs, 9g sugars, 4.9g protein, 5.4g fibre, 0.537g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Add tofu for extra protein!