Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion, leek, celery and carrots for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and herbs, season with salt and pepper and cook for one minute.
- Turn the heat to high, add the chestnut mushrooms and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the lentils, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and chopped tomatoes. Pour in the stock and red wine (if using) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with cold water, then bring to the boil over a high heat. Cook for roughly 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and allow to steam dry in the pan for one minute, then mash with the butter and milk. Season to taste.
- To assemble the pie, fill a baking dish three-quarters full with the veggie filling. Top with the mash. Bake immediately, or allow to cool completely, then store in the fridge for up to two days.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C/gas mark 5, then bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbling.
Per serving: 544kcals, 19.4g fat (8.6g saturated), 73.6g carbs (12.2g sugars), 15.8g protein, 17.7g fibre, 0.612g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR