Makes 6 large sausage rolls
For the filling:
150g mature Cheddar, grated
50g Parmesan, grated
1 red onion, grated
2 tbsp crème fraîche
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper
For the sausage rolls:
1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
50g mixed seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 8. Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the filling.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut the sheet in half lengthways.
- Divide the filling in half. Spread each portion down one side of each strip of puff pastry, leaving space for the pastry to be folded over.
- Fold the puff pastry lengths over the filling, using a fork to seal the edges.
- Cut each strip into three sausage rolls and place onto the prepared baking trays.
- Brush each sausage roll with beaten egg and sprinkle with mixed seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, then serve warm with some tomato relish and mixed leaves.
573kcals, 31.5g fat (9.2g saturated), 53.2g carbs (3.5g sugars), 20g protein, 4g fibre, 0.667g sodium