Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 2cm-wide chips. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Drain and return to the pan to steam dry.
- When dry, transfer the chips to a baking tray. Toss them with half of the oil and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the chips over and bake for another 15-20 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook for five minutes until they begin to soften. Add the garlic, chilli powder, paprika, chilli flakes and some salt and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, while the chips finish cooking.
- Divide the chips between serving plates and top with veggie chilli. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and spring onions if desired. Enjoy!
Per serving: 700kcals, 15.7g fat (1.8g saturated), 117g carbs, 10.6g sugars, 26.7g protein, 24.3g fibre, 0.092g sodium
Gluten-freeDinnerDinnerMeat-freeCholesterol-friendly recipesLow-fatAmericanLeftoversKidsFamily mealsCuisinesBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Tom yum soup with prawns