3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
2 aubergines, thinly sliced
120ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing
400ml tomato sauce
300g fresh lasagne sheets
400ml Béchamel sauce (white sauce)
125g Mozzarella, grated
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Toss the peppers and aubergine with a bit of oil, then spread out in a single layer the tray (use two if needed). Season well and roast for 25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange a layer of the roasted vegetables on the bottom.
- Pour over one-third of the tomato sauce and add a layer of the lasagne sheets, trimming to fit if needed.
- Drizzle over one-quarter of the Béchamel sauce. Repeat until you end with the last layer of white sauce, making sure the top is completely covered.
- Scatter over the Mozzarella and the tomatoes. Bake for 45 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Per serving: 536kcals, 31.8g fat (7.1g saturated), 49.9g carbs, 12.2g sugars, 17.3g protein, 7.1g fibre, 0.78g sodium