1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
400g mixed fresh mushrooms, chopped
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 pak choi, chopped
200g mangetout or sugar snap peas
4 nests of straight-to-wok medium egg noodles
1 x 225g tin of water chestnuts, drained
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes
- Heat the sesame oil and vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat. When the wok is smoking, add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes until just beginning to brown. Sprinkle over the Chinese five spice and cook for one minute more.
- Add the pak choi and the mangetout or sugar snap peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the noodles, water chestnuts and beansprouts. Pour over the soy sauce, toss to coat everything and warm through for 1-2 minutes.
- Divide between serving bowls, sprinkle with sliced spring onions and toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Per serving: 431kcals, 9.3g fat (1.9g saturated), 73.1g carbs, 11.8g sugars, 16.9g protein, 10g fibre, 1.175g sodium