Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and a little salt and cook for 5-6 minutes until translucent. Add the potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the curry powder, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Pour in a splash of the stock and allow to bubble, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any sticky bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the rest of the stock along with the chickpeas, peppers, cauliflower, tomatoes and some seasoning. Stir to combine.
- The liquid should come about halfway up the sides of the bowl; add more stock or water if necessary. Cover and cook for on high for four hours, or on low for eight.
- Stir in the spinach and coconut milk. Cover with a lid and cook for another 5-6 minutes until the spinach has wilted and everything is heated through. Taste and add extra salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with couscous or rice.
Note: Rice can be used as an alternative to Couscous, if you wish.
Popular in Curry
Goan fish curry