Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the bowls:
For the satay sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the tofu in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray and cook for 25 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until creamy and smooth. Add half of the sauce to the bowl with the tofu and set aside to marinate.
- Toss the broccoli with one teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large nonstick pan over a medium heat. Cook the tofu for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown, working in batches to avoid crowding the pan. When the last batch is browned, return all of the tofu to the pan. Pour in the marinade and stir to coat.
- Divide the brown rice amongst four bowls. Top each portion with one-quarter each of the grated carrots, spinach leaves, roasted broccoli, chickpeas and tofu.
- Drizzle with the reserved satay sauce and scatter with sesame seeds and fresh chillies, to serve.
Per serving:727kcals, 22.4g fat (4.1g saturated), 110.1g carbs (17.3g sugars), 26.4g protein, 9.6g fibre, 0.824g sodium
Dairy-freeDinnerVeganThaiLow sugarMeat-freeCholesterol-friendly recipesVegan DinnersLow-fatHigh-proteinCuisinesSlow cookerBudget mealsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo