Makes 10-12 large scones
450g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
80g vegan butter, grated
3 tbsp maple syrup
300ml dairy-free yoghurt
100g frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Use your fingers to rub in the grated butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix the maple syrup into the yoghurt, then add to the flour mixture. Use a fork to mix until just combined. Stir in the mixed berries without over-working the mixture.
- Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead just enough to shape the dough into a circle about 4cm thick.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the dough into round scones. Gather up the remaining dough into another circle and cut out more round scones until you’ve used up all the dough.
- Place the scones onto an ungreased baking tray. Brush the tops with some plant-based milk and sprinkle on some sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
221kcals, 5.6g fat (2g saturated), 37.5g carbs (5.8g sugars), 4.5g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.051g sodium