Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ginger, butter or oil and icing sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until the ingredients come together. Add 1-3 tablespoons of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Add the stem ginger and orange zest and mix until just combined. Allow to chill in the fridge for one hour or until firmed up.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark. Line two large baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 8mm thick. Use a star cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the dough. Place the cookies onto the prepared tray, leaving space between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking tray.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, or the fridge for up to one week.
Note: Coconut oil can be used as an alternative to vegan butter, if you wish.
Per serving: 170kcals, 8.7g fat (7.4g saturated), 16.5g carbs
(5.7g sugars), 1.4g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0g sodium