Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the crust:
For the filling:
- Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in just enough water to bring the mixture together into a dough.
- Divide the dough into two discs and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Gently toss the berries with the sugar and cornflour.
- Remove one of the dough discs from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured work surface to a 25cm circle.
- Transfer carefully to the bottom of a 20cm pie tin and gently press it into the bottom and corners. Fill with the berries.
- Roll out the second dough disc to fit over the top of the pie; transfer in one sheet for a solid top or slice into strips to make a lattice top, alternating above and below each strip.
- Brush the beaten egg gently over the top of the crust. Bake 50-60 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling around the edges.
- Leave to cool completely before serving with ice cream, whipped cream or custard.
Per Serving: 375kcals, 21.5g fat (13.1g saturated), 41.3g carbs (8.6g sugars), 5.4g protein, 3g fibre, 0.154g sodium
Popular in American
Turkey sloppy joes