Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Spread the tomato slices out on a large plate lined with kitchen paper and place more sheets on top. Allow to drain for 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Lightly flour a sheet of parchment paper and roll out the puff pastry on top. Use the tip of a sharp knife to score a 1cm border around the edge of the pastry, being careful not cut all the way through. Use a fork to prick the pastry lightly all over, inside the border. Slide the pastry and parchment onto a rimmed baking tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and one tablespoon of the olive oil. Brush the dough all over with the garlic oil, inside the border.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the pastry, inside the border, overlapping slightly. Season generously with lots of salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are golden-brown and puffed. Allow to cool for 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice.
- Scatter the tart with the fresh basil and serve with the lemon crème fraîche and a mixed salad.
Per Serving: 589kcals, 44.1g fat (12.7g saturated), 42.4g carbs (3.8g sugars), 8g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.26g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR