120g popped popcorn, any unpopped kernels removed
220g light soft brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/100°C fan/gas mark ½. Grease two very large, shallow baking dishes with cooking spray. Add the popcorn, spreading it our evenly. Once the oven is preheated, place the popcorn in to warm through for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the sugar, golden syrup and salt.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Once the mixture comes to the boil, leave to cook for four minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture in a thin stream over the popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Transfer the toffee popcorn to the prepared baking dishes and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before breaking into pieces.
Per Serving: 232kcals, 9.5g fat (5.7g saturated), 37.2g carbs (23.6g sugars), 1.7g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.29g sodium