Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oven to 180˚C/gas mark 4. Grease a two-litre, ovenproof dish lightly with butter.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar and baking powder, along with a pinch of salt.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and pour into a bowl with the beaten egg.
- Add the milk, egg and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until you get a smooth batter.
- Place the apples slices into the baking dish, covering the bottom, and spoon the batter on top. Smooth the batter with a knife, making sure the apples are completely covered.
- For the topping, add the sugar to a bowl and pour the boiling water (from
- the kettle) over the sugar and stir together until dissolved.
- Pour this liquid into the baking dish on top of the pudding mixture.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes until the pudding has risen and is golden. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Per Serving 608kcals, 19.9g fat (12g saturated), 104.2g carbs, 71.3g sugars, 7.2g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.4g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux