Butter, for greasing
180g apple sauce
65g cocoa powder
60ml apple juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
150g dried apples, chopped
6-8 hard toffees, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a 23 x 33cm baking tin with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the apple sauce, cocoa powder and apple juice.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, then fold in the dried apples.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and scatter with the toffee chunks, poking them into the batter a little.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan, then slice into 12 squares and serve.
240kcals, 5g fat (2.7g saturated), 49.2g carbs, 34.9g sugars, 3.6g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.092g sodium