100g butter, softened
50g brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
120g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
60g walnuts, finely chopped
180g raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2. Separate the egg, reserving the egg white in a bowl. Beat the butter, brown sugar and egg yolk in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla, flour and salt.
- Shape the dough into small balls. Roll each ball in the egg white, then in the walnut pieces until evenly coated.
- Place the dough balls on a baking tray and bake for five minutes.
- Remove the trays from the oven and use your thumb (or the bottom of a wooden spoon) to make an indentation in the centre of each.
- Spoon a bit of raspberry jam into the indentation and bake for eight minutes until set.
Per Serving 99kcals, 5.1g fat (2.3g saturated), 12.6g carbs, 6.6g sugars, 1.4g protein, 0g fibre, 0.051g sodium