Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Core and roughly chop 450g of the tomatoes.
- Cut the remaining tomatoes down the middle and cut out the tough part at the top where the stem was attached. Grate the cut sides of the tomatoes against a box grater set in a large bowl. Keep the tomato pulp in the bowl and discard the skins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, sugar and a generous crack of black pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside for 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving about a cup of the cooking water, then immediately return to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pan along with a splash of the pasta cooking water. Cook for 1-2 minutes over a medium-low heat until the tomatoes soften, tossing gently.
- Remove from the heat and toss with a generous handful of fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 389kcals, 8.6g fat (1.3g saturated), 66.6g carbs (6.6g sugars), 12g protein, 4.6g fibre, 0.304g sodium
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat