Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the avocado lime crema:
For the turkey burgers:
To build and serve:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the avocado lime crema in a blender and whizz until smooth. Season to taste, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the burgers, melt the butter in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until just softened. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled onion with the turkey mince, teriyaki sauce, ginger, sriracha and some salt and black pepper. Mix until just combined. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and gently shape each into a patty 8-10cm wide. Use your thumb to make a dimple in the centre of each burger. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium-high heat. Brush the pineapple rings and red onion slices with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pineapple for 3-4 minutes per side and the onion slices for 4-6 minutes per side until nicely charred.
- Meanwhile, cook the turkey burgers on a medium-hot barbecue, grill or frying pan. Leave them undisturbed for the first 4-5 minutes so they build up a good seal, then carefully turn them over. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Lightly toast the burger buns.
- Place the burgers on each of the buns and drizzle with a little more teriyaki sauce. Add a pineapple ring and a slice of onion on top of each. Spread some of the avocado mixture on the top buns, then sandwich together and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 449kcals, 24g fat (8.1g saturated), 30.6g carbs (9.4g sugars), 30.3g protein, 5.4g fibre, 0.908g sodium
DinnerLow-fatAmericanSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesBarbecueComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Low-fat
Easy tapas platter