Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and then add the vanilla and salt and stir well. Fold in the flour, and finally add enough milk to make a light batter that drops off the back of a spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the paper liners and bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Combine the icing sugar with the boiling water and food colouring, if using, to form a thick icing.
- Top each cake with the icing, and immediately cover with some sugar sprinkles (the icing dries very quickly, so add the sprinkles as you go to ensure that they stick).
Per serving: 194 kcals, 8.3g fat (5g saturated), 28.9g carbs, 21.6g sugars, 2g protein, 0g fibre, 0.064g sodium
Popular in Kids baking