Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat. Add the green beans and cook for two minutes until just barely tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the beans and immediately plunge them into a bowl of iced water. When cooled completely, drain the beans and set aside.
- Place the corn in the boiling water. Turn off the heat and allow the corn to cook in the hot water for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the ears of corn to a bowl of iced water. When cooled completely, drain the corn. Holding each cob firmly, run a knife down the sides to remove the kernels.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the corn and green beans. Season with salt and black pepper and toss the vegetables around in the butter until just warmed through.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs over the vegetables and toss to combine well. Taste and add more salt or black pepper if needed, then transfer to a platter or bowl to serve.
Per Serving 246kcals, 12.1g fat (6.8g saturated), 34.4g carbs, 6g sugars, 6.7g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.141g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Save time by using tinned sweetcorn instead of fresh cobs. If you’re lactose intolerant, use 50ml extra-virgin olive oil or 50g dairy-free spread in place of the butter.
Popular in Gluten-free
Roast leg of lamb with spring vegetables