Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the burgers
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the potato cubes into an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for five minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until very soft. Transfer the onion and garlic to a large bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Add the black beans to the bowl and give them a rough mash. Add the remaining burger ingredients and mix until well combined. Divide into six equal patties.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Heat a little more oil in the pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes per side until golden. Transfer to the lined tray and then cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Toast your burger buns and spread with the mayo and relish. Top with the patties with the fresh, crunchy veg and some mashed avocado.
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice