1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 shallots, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
2½ tbsp yellow curry paste
1 x 400g tin of light coconut milk
100ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water
4 large handfuls of spinach
½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
Juice of ½ a lime
4 tbsp peanuts, chopped, plus extra to garnish
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok set over a medium heat. Cook the shallots for 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the curry paste and stir-fry for one minute. Add the sweet potato chunks and toss to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and cornflour mixture and stir to combine well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, fish sauce, lime juice and peanuts. Cook for one minute.
- Garnish with extra chopped peanuts and some fresh coriander. Serve with rice.
Per serving: 500kcals, 37.6g fat (22.5g saturated), 39.4g carbs, 4.3g sugars, 7.1g protein, 9.2g fibre, 0.47g sodium
If cooking for vegetarians or vegans, simply omit the fish sauce!
If you like cooking Asian-inspired dishes, why not try this basic fried rice recipe