Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wide-based pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for one minute, then add the turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, paprika and dried coriander and cook for one minute longer.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the sweet potatoes. Stir to coat in the spices.
- Add the lentils, 600ml vegetable stock, tinned tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add salt or pepper to taste, then stir in the spinach and allow to wilt. Top with spring onions and fresh coriander, to serve.
Per serving: 477kcals, 7g fat (2g saturated), 85.8g carbs (16.4g sugars), 23.4g protein, 28.8g fibre, 0.51g sodium
Popular in Dairy-free
Lemon chicken, spinach & orzo soup