For the balsamic glaze:
150ml balsamic vinegar
1tbsp Siúcra Brown Sugar
For the flatbreads:
250g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
1 tsp sea salt
250g full fat yoghurt
2 tbsp garlic oil
For the toppings:
200ml tomato and basil sauce
50g prosciutto ham
50g cherry tomatoes sliced
1 red and yellow pepper, sliced
100g Mozzarella, grated
Mixed leaf salad
- For the balsamic glaze, in a large pot combine the balsamic vinegar, honey and Suicra brown sugar over a medium heat. Allow to bubble for 3-5 minutes or until it becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- For the flat breads, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, Siúcra Caster Sugar and salt. Stir in the yogurt and bring together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and give it a quick knead until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, cover and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ or griddle pan.
- On a floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into circles, about 20cm in diameter. Brush each flatbread with some garlic oil on both sides.
- Place each flatbread directly onto the BBQ or the griddle pan. Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden in colour. Flip the flatbread and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Place onto a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep them warm.
- On each flatbread, spread on some tomato sauce and top with prosciutto ham, cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers and some grated mozzarella.
- Return to the BBQ or griddle pan for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle on the homemade balsamic glaze, top with some sliced chilies and serve with fresh salad.
This recipe has been sponsored by Siúcra