Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the balsamic glaze:
For the flatbreads:
For the toppings:
- For the balsamic glaze, in a large pot combine the balsamic vinegar, honey and Suicra brown sugar over a medium heat. Allow to bubble for 3-5 minutes or until it becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- For the flat breads, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, Siúcra Caster Sugar and salt. Stir in the yogurt and bring together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and give it a quick knead until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, cover and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ or griddle pan.
- On a floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into circles, about 20cm in diameter. Brush each flatbread with some garlic oil on both sides.
- Place each flatbread directly onto the BBQ or the griddle pan. Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden in colour. Flip the flatbread and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Place onto a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep them warm.
- On each flatbread, spread on some tomato sauce and top with prosciutto ham, cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers and some grated mozzarella.
- Return to the BBQ or griddle pan for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle on the homemade balsamic glaze, top with some sliced chilies and serve with fresh salad.
This recipe has been sponsored by Siúcra
Popular in Italian
Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella gnocchi