For the filling:
400g strawberries, hulled and halved
300g plums, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp cornflour
For the crumble topping:
130g plain flour
100g brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
120g cold butter, cut into cubes
30g unsalted cashew nuts
30g unsalted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries, plums and blueberries with the sugar, lemon juice and cornflour. Transfer the fruit into a 23cm square baking dish (either ceramic or glass).
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use your fingers, a fork or a pastry cutter to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until large crumbs are formed. Mix in the cashews and almonds.
- Scatter the crumble topping evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Bake the crumble for 30-35 minutes until the fruit juices are bubbling around the edges of the pan and the topping is firm to the touch.
- Allow the crumble to cool for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Per Serving 368kcals, 16.3g fat (8.2g saturated), 55.1g carbs, 35g sugars, 3.9g protein, 3g fibre, 0.112g sodium
TOP TIP: This crumble will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to a week… if it lasts that long!