Serves 2 for dinner, 4 for lunch
4 peppers, any colour
300g cooked rice
30g fajita seasoning
1 x 400g tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and black pepper
80g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas mark 6.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and white membranes. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pepper if necessary to allow them to stand upright.
- In a bowl, combine the rice, fajita seasoning and kidney beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers and top with the grated Cheddar.
- Stand the peppers upright in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the filling is piping hot throughout.
Per pepper: 273kcals, 7.3g fat (4.3g saturated), 40.7g carbs (6.2g sugars), 10.3g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.638g sodium