Serves 6 as tapas
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Check the mussels and, if any are open, give them a quick tap against the counter. If they don’t close, discard them.
- Put the closed mussels in a large saucepan with a lid and add two tablespoons of water or white wine. Place the pan over a low heat and cover.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, just until the mussels have opened, using a spoon around halfway through to bring the ones at the bottom of the pan up to the top. Remove the mussels from the pan and discard any with unopened shells.
- Carefully detach each mussel from its shell. Keeping the mussel meat in one half- shell, discard the empty top shells.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the breadcrumbs, oats, dillisk, garlic, lemon zest and parsley and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- With a teaspoon, firmly pack some of the breadcrumb mixture over the top of each mussel.
- Place the mussels, crumb side up, in a single layer on ovenproof plates or gratin
- Preheat the grill to a high heat. Place the mussels under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the garlic breadcrumbs are golden and crunchy.
Per serving: 342kcals, 20.4g fat (11.1g saturated), 20.1g carbs, 1g sugars, 19.1g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.652g sodium
Dairy-freeDinnerFish & seafoodLow-fatSpecial OccasionsOne-potFree-fromDinner partyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo