Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the strawberry syrup:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thick.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Spread half of the bread slices with the cream cheese, then top with the sliced strawberries. Top with the remaining slices of bread and press around the edges to seal.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and soak for 1-2 minutes per side. Sprinkle some flaked almonds over one side of each sandwich.
- Cook the sandwiches in the pan, almond-side down, for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle the top of the sandwich with almonds before flipping. Slice on a diagonal to serve with whipped cream, the strawberry syrup and icing sugar.
Note: brioche bread can be used as an alternative to batch, if you wish.
Per Serving: 560kcals, 28.6g fat (14.5g saturated), 74g carbs, 42g sugars, 12.8g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.402g sodium