For the sponge:
500ml good-quality strawberry ice cream
210g self-raising flour
For the icing:
300g cream cheese, room temperature
100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/ gas mark 6. Line two 15cm round tins with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, spoon in the ice cream and allow to stand at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes, until the ice cream is soft but not fully melted.
- Roughly chop 140g of strawberries and add to the ice cream.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mix evenly between the two prepared tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- For the icing, mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth.
- Hull the remaining strawberries and slice them in half.
- To assemble the cake, place the first sponge on a serving plate or cake stand.
- Spoon on the icing, reserving some for piping over the top. Add a layer of sliced strawberries, then place the second sponge on top.
- Spoon the remaining icing into a piping bag with a small star nozzle. Pipe swirls of icing around the top edge of the cake and place a strawberry half on top of each swirl.
Per Serving 403kcals, 18.7g fat (11.5g saturated), 52.7g carbs (13.6g sugars), 7.7g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.149g sodium