Serves 8 - 10
600g strawberries, hulled and halved
- Blend the strawberries in a blender until completely smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large saucepan.
- Bring the purée to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer and cook over a medium-low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until it is thick and reduced to about 250ml.
- Preheat the oven to its lowest possible setting and line a large baking tray with a non-stick silicone baking liner, or with parchment paper.
- Pour the hot purée onto the liner and use a spatula to spread it into a thin, even layer.
- Place in the oven to dry for 2-3 hours, until it feels tacky but does not stick to your fingers.
- Transfer the dried mixture, with the lining attached, to a cooling rack to dry for at least three hours, or overnight if possible.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture, then peel off the paper and the fruit together. Roll them up in the parchment, or cut with biscuit cutters into desired shapes.
Per Serving: 24kcals, 0.2g fat (0g saturated), 5.8g carbs, 3.7g sugars, 0.5g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0g sodium