Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the topping:
For the pastry case:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Lightly grease the sides and bottom of a 24cm springform cake tin.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and place in the fridge until needed.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, butter and sugar to a boil. Add the flour all at once and quickly stir the mixture until it begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and keep stirring until the mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs in one at a time until well combined, smooth and shiny. Spread the mixture in the bottom of the prepared cake tin and around 3cm up the sides. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and crisp to the touch.
- Prick the cake all over with a toothpick (if there is a lot of sticky batter on the toothpick, bake for another five minutes). Turn the oven off, put the cake back in and prop the over door open with a wooden spoon. Allow to dry in the open oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the icing sugar, and whip until light and fluffy. Add the cream and lemon zest and continue whipping until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Spread the lemon curd over the bottom of the cream puff shell. Spread the cream filling over this and top with the sugared strawberries.
Per serving: 427kcals, 36.3g fat (20.3g saturated), 28.2g carbs, 20g sugars, 7g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.238g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Mini pineapple upside-down cakes