For the salmon:
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp treacle
Pinch of chilli powder
4 x 150g salmon fillets
For the mashed potatoes:
1kg floury potatoes, peeled
200ml whole milk
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
A handful of chives, snipped
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain the water, then return the pan to the heat for a minute or two to steam dry.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk, butter and garlic in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- While the potatoes are still warm, gradually stir in the warm milk mixture. Season well and stir in the chives.
- Preheat the grill. Heat the oil a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the soy sauce, stout, treacle and chilli powder. Bring to a simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Strain through a sieve.
- Line a baking tray with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray. Place the salmon on the tray and brush with the glaze. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with the glaze, until cooked through.
- Serve over the chive mashed potatoes and wilted spinach, with any extra glaze drizzled over the top.
Per serving: 577kcals, 26.3g fat (10.2g saturated), 50.7g carbs, 10.9g sugars, 35.7g protein, 6.1g fibre, 0.686g sodium