Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot, celery and pepper for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes longer.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Add the balsamic vinegar and bubble until reduced.
- Add the dried basil, tinned tomatoes and 350ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, then remove from the heat. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the penne according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving a little of the pasta water.
- Stir in the drained pasta with a splash of the reserved pasta water. Stir to combine, then divide amongst serving bowls. Top with the grated Parmesan and serve.
Per serving: 397kcals, 6.4g fat (1.6g saturated), 71g carbs (7.3g sugars), 14.4g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.134g sodium
DinnerLow sugarPastaDinnerMeat-free30-minute mealsKidsFamily mealsQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Low sugar
Salmon en croute