6 green onions
500g chicken mince
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, crushed
2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted, plus extra
2 tbsp vegetable oil
400ml teriyaki sauce
180g dried soba (buckwheat) noodles
- Finely chop two of the spring onions. Add to a bowl with the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds. Mix to combine, then shape into small meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs for five minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Do this in batches to avoid over-crowding the pan. Transfer the meatballs to a plate and set aside.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for five minutes until cooked through and coated in the teriyaki sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain well and add to the pan, tossing to combine.
- Slice the remaining spring onions and add to the pan, tossing to combine. Serve hot with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Per serving: 515kcals, 19.5g fat (4.8g saturated), 55.1g carbs (1.4g sugars), 34.4g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.571g sodium.