170g butter, at room temperature
70g golden caster sugar
60g pecans, chopped in very large pieces
2 x 320g sheets of puff pastry, thawed
For the filling:
30g butter, melted and cooled
130g golden caster sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Place one rounded tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin tin cups.
- Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups, sprinkling them over the top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- Lightly flour a chopping board. Unroll one sheet of puff pastry with one of the long sides facing towards you. Brush the whole sheet with melted butter.
- Leaving a 2cm border, sprinkle the pastry with half of each of the filling ingredients. Starting from the side nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly around the filling, finishing with the seam side down.
- Trim around 1-2 cm from each end and discard. Slice the roll into six equal pieces, each about 3cm wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in one of the muffin cups.
- Repeat these steps with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sticky buns in total.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sticky buns are golden brown on top and firm to the touch. Allow to cool for just 4-5 minutes, then invert the buns onto the parchment paper, pulling the filling and pecans out onto the tops of the buns with a spoon.
Per serving: 495kcals, 36.2g fat (13.7g saturated), 40.1g carbs (16.7g sugars),4.4g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.225g sodium