Makes 50 (approx.)
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the wrappers:
For the filling:
- To make the dough, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in the water, a little at a time, until you have a firm dough.
- Turn out on to a lightly floured work surface and knead for 4-5 minutes until smooth. Cover with a clean damp cloth and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts, leaving two under the damp cloth. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the remaining piece to form a sausage about 2½cm in diameter. Cut this into pieces 2cm long and roll each into a ball. Dust with flour, then flatten each with your hand. Roll out to about 11cm in diameter and stack between pieces of greaseproof paper. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Blanch the green vegetables in a pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then transfer them to an ice bath to cool. Squeeze out all of the water from the vegetables and chop them very finely. In a large bowl, stir together the vegetables, pork, wine, vegetable oil, sesame oil, salt, soy sauce, white pepper and water. Stir together until very well combined.
- To assemble the dumplings, dampen the edges of each wrapper with some water. Place around two teaspoons of filling in the middle.
- Fold the circle in half around the filling and pinch the wrapper together at the top, then make two folds on each side, until the dumpling looks like a fan. Make sure it’s completely sealed. Repeat until all the filling and wrappers are used up. Place the filled dumplings on baking trays lined with parchment paper, ensuring they’re spaced out so they don't stick together.
- To cook the dumplings, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Working in batches, cook the dumplings until they float to the top and the skins are cooked through, but still slightly al dente. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Serve as is or, if desired, fry the dumplings on one or two sides until golden and crispy. Enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce.
Per two dumplings (per serving): 211kcals, 7.2g fat (1.2g saturated), 33.8g carbs (1.5g sugars), 3.2g protein, 2g fibre, 0.213g sodium
Popular in Chinese
Veggie tofu summer rolls