Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the satay dipping sauce:
For the rolls:
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing together all the ingredients. Alternatively, blitz everything together in a mini blender. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over a high heat. Add the tofu and cook for one minute per side. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- When you are ready to make the rolls, dip one of the rice paper wrappers in a bowl of hot water, moving it around for about 10-15 seconds until soft. Drain on a clean, dry tea towel.
- Place the rice paper on a board. Along one edge of the wrapper, add a small line of the tofu, then some carrot, tenderstem, beansprouts, pepper, lettuce and cabbage. Lift the edge nearest to you and pull gently over the filling. Holding the filling in position with your fingers, start rolling up tightly. When you’re about halfway, fold the ends of the rice paper in and over the filling so that it is completely enclosed. Keep on rolling tightly until completely rolled up.
- To serve, cut the rolls in half on the diagonal. Add a drizzle of chilli oil, some chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime. Serve with your peanut dipping sauce.
Per summer roll (with sauce): 162kcals, 4.7g fat (1.4g saturated), 17.9g carbs (3g sugars), 4g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.178g sodium
Popular in Diabetic-friendly