2 tbsp olive oil
250g sirloin or minute steak, sliced into strips
Salt and black pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 courgette, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
Gluten-free pizza base (1 x 20cm thin-base)
120ml tomato passata
120g Feta, crumbled
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
2 carrots, grated
2 spring onions, chopped
Hot chilli sauce, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a high heat until smoking. Season the steak strips and sear for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and courgette for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, then set aside.
- Cook the pizza base in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Remove and spread with the tomato passata. Top with the sliced steak, courgette mixture and Feta. Return to the oven for another 5-6 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- Remove and top with fresh coriander, carrots and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with hot chilli sauce of your choice, if desired. Slice into four triangles and serve with some mixed leaves.
Per serving: 927kcals, 40.5g fat (15g saturated), 80.1g carbs, 19.3g protein, 4.5g fibre, 1.654g sodium
It’s best to slightly under-cook the steak strips in the pan, as they will also have a few minutes in a hot oven.