125g cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
1 small apple, thinly sliced
150g red cabbage, finely shredded
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2½ tsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
225g sirloin steak
2 ciabatta rolls, cut in half
4 tsp caramelised onion chutney
30g blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beetroot, apple, red cabbage, vinegar and 1½ teaspoons of the olive oil. Toss together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rub one teaspoon of oil into both sides of the steak and season generously on both sides.
- Heat a large pan over a high heat until very hot. Cook the steak for 1-2 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest.
- Press the cut sides of the ciabatta rolls into the juices left in the pan so that they can soak up the flavour and toast lightly.
- Spread the caramelised onion chutney on the bottom half of each roll.
- Slice the steak and divide between the ciabatta rolls. Add the slaw and crumble over the blue cheese. Serve with chips.
Per serving: 526kcals, 19.4g fat (6.3g saturated), 45.1g carbs (19.1g sugars), 42.8g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.424g sodium