Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the compote:
For the baked St. Tola:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas mark 3.
- In a baking dish, combine the rhubarb, honey, salt and black pepper. Stir together.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until the rhubarb is very soft, stirring once or twice during the cooking time. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and set aside to cool.
- For the tartines, turn the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Brush the sourdough slices with olive oil and arrange on a baking tray. Toast in the centre of the oven for 4-5 minutes per side until just golden, then transfer to a rack to cool for a few minutes, leaving the oven on.
- Spread each toast with some of the honey rhubarb compote and top with the slices of St. Tola. Sprinkle over the thyme and season with salt and black pepper.
- Return to the baking tray and place in the centre of the oven for five minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and lightly golden.
- In a jug, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and some salt and pepper to taste. Place the mixed leaves in a bowl, drizzle over some of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve the dressed leaves with the tartines and extra compote on the side.
Learn more about St. Tola here!
Per Serving 623kcals, 34.5g (17.3g saturated), 51.4g carbs (11.9g sugars), 29.3g protein, 4.7g fibre, 0.707g sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR