300g floury Rooster potatoes, cubed
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp oil
100g streaky bacon, chopped
½ an onion, chopped
100g cabbage, finely sliced (use a grater or mandolin, if you have one)
50g Cheddar, grated
- Add the raw potato to a pan of salted water and boil for about 10 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Once the excess water has been removed, season the cooked potato well with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the potatoes to the pan, spread out and resist the urge to move them about until they’re crispy on the underside. When all sides have crisped up, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the bacon lardons to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion, cooking for five minutes until softened. Stir in the cabbage and cook for 10 minutes softened.
- Increase the heat and return the potatoes and bacon to the pan to heat through, then stir in the Cheddar and toss until melted. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 199kcals, 10g fat (2.4g saturated), 18.7g carbs (2.5g sugars), 6.9g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.4g sodium