Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Put a large casserole pot over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Pat the chicken portions dry with kitchen paper and season all over. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides, turning regularly, then transfer to a plate. Pour off all but two tablespoons of fat from the pan.
- Add the onion and leek and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and the stalks from the herbs and cook for one minute longer.
- Return the chicken to the pan, pour in the stock and season with black pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a medium-low heat for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is very tender.
- Return to a boil and stir in the peas, asparagus, cannellini beans and tarragon. When the vegetables are done, add most of the herb leaves, reserving some for garnish.
- Remove the chicken from the stew and shred the meat from the bones. Discard the bones and return the meat to the pan. Stir in the lemon juice and check the seasoning.
- Ladle the stew into bowls. Top with grated Parmesan and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
Per serving: 607kcals, 16.9g fat (3.9g saturated), 52.9g carbs (5.8g sugars), 61.3g protein, 20.3g fibre, 0.526g sodium.
ChickenIrishItalianDairy-freeDinnerDinnerLow-fatHigh-proteinOne-potKidsFamily mealsCuisinesFree-fromBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes