Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Cook the sweet potato in the microwave until soft, then mash until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Use a brush to grease a 12-cup regular sized muffin tin with one tablespoon of the melted coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the salmon, spring onions and coriander. Add the mashed sweet potato and gently combine.
- Add the lemon zest, chilli, remaining coconut oil, eggs and chilli flakes. Season to taste. Use clean hands to combine everything together.
- Divide the mixture between the greased muffin tin cups, flattening each with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the salmon cakes for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out cleanly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the salmon cakes to serve.
Per serving: 100kcals, 5.9g fat (3.6g saturated), 4.9g carbs, 1.6g sugars, 6.9g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.18g sodium
These can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to four days. Enjoy at room temperature or pan-fry in some melted butter over a medium heat until crispy.
Why not try this sweet potato rösti with smoked salmon…