400g extra-firm tofu
Toasted sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
250g brown rice
For the sauce:
1½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
4 tbsp soy sauce
40g brown sugar
1 tsp sriracha
3 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Fold a length of kitchen paper into quarters, or use a clean tea towel. Place on a plate, then place the tofu on top.
- Place another layer of folded kitchen paper or a clean tea towel top of the block of tofu. Place a cutting board on top and add a weight on top, such as a cast iron pan or a heavy book. Let the tofu sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Cut the tofu into cubes and place on a parchment-lined baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until combined. Add the cooled tofu and stir gently to coat. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat one tablespoon of toasted sesame oil in a large pan or wok over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the tofu and sauce to the pan and warm through for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and spinach and cook just until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with the brown rice and some lime wedges, chopped fresh coriander and sriracha, if desired.
Per Serving: 543kcals, 19.9g fat (2.6g saturated), 73.4g carbs (12.2g sugars), 21.2g protein, 6.3g fibre, 09844g sodium