Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Put the aubergine into a colander in the sink, sprinkle with salt to draw out the moisture, then set aside for around 20 minutes. Rinse the aubergine and pat dry with kitchen paper, add to a large bowl with the oregano, chilli flakes, one teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Toss together.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the aubergines and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until softened and golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, add the garlic, capers and basil stalks, then cook for a further two minutes. Add the ground lamb, break it down with the back of a spoon and cook for 10 minutes, then add the aubergines back into the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes and vinegar, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti and peas to the sauce and toss well, adding an extra splash of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Add half the cheese and mix through, season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Divide between bowls, with the remaining cheese and basil scattered on top.
Per serving: 695kcals, 21.6g fat (6.4g saturated), 72.1g carbs, 15.9g sugars, 54.2g protein, 13.8g fibre, 0.340g sodium
Popular in Pasta
BLT pasta salad