1 tbsp vegetable oil
750g chicken thighs, boneless
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 courgette, sliced
1 chicken stock cube
250g egg noodles
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ tsp chilli flakes
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp caster sugar
Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-low heat. Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, cook the chicken skin-side down for 10 minutes or until the skin is crisp. Flip and fry for 8-10 minutes longer or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover
loosely with foil.
- Reheat the wok over a high heat, then add the sliced peppers and courgette and cook for five minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, crumble in the stock cube and add the noodles. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until just cooked, then drain well.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes to the wok and stir-fry for two minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, lime zest and juice. Add this to the wok and allow to bubble for two minutes. Add the noodles and use tongs to toss and coat in the sauce.
- Slice the cooked chicken into strips. Divide the noodles amongst four warmed serving bowls and top with the chicken.
- Top with chilli flakes and sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges, for squeezing.
Per serving: 521kcals, 18.8g fat (4.8g saturated), 26.6g carbs (5.7g sugars), 59.7g protein, 3g fibre, 1.38g sodium