900g chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp tomato purée
400ml tomato passata
250ml Glenisk Organic Greek Style Natural Yogurt
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the chicken on all sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garam masala, tomato purée and one tablespoon of water and stir for one minute.
- Add the passata, yogurt and half of the chopped coriander. Season to taste, then return the chicken to the pan along with any juices from the plate.
- Add 120ml water and bring to the boil, turning the chicken to coat with the sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked throughout. Squeeze over the lemon juice and stir in the remaining fresh coriander, then serve with rice, couscous or naan.
Per serving: 324kcals, 12.7g fat (1.5g saturated), 14.9g carbs, (2.5g sugars), 36g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.113g sodium
This recipe proudly brought to you by