1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
400g beef mince
1 tbsp tomato purée
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
8 flour tortillas
4 tbsp salsa
100g mozzarella, grated
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium- high heat. Cook the garlic, spring onions and peppers for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5-10 minutes until brown.
- Stir in the tomato purée, chilli flakes, cumin, paprika and some salt and black pepper. Stir in the coriander.
- Place four tortillas on a chopping board and spread each one with the salsa. Top with the beef mixture, then sprinkle with the cheese. Top each one with another tortilla, press down and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a clean pan over a medium heat. Add one quesadilla and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip onto a plate, then slide back into the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining quesadillas, adding more oil when necessary.
- Slice each quesadilla into quarters and serve immediately with sour cream and guacamole on the side.
440kcals, 17.3g fat (7.5g saturated), 31.6g carbs (1.7g sugars), 39g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.446g sodium